“Hi Vanessa! I am 35 weeks pregnant now. Since last 3-4 weeks, I am noticing a 1-2 cm nodule in my armpit. My OB/Gyn said that it’s normal from breast tissue growth. Still they recommended an ultrasound. The radiologist now recommends a needle biopsy to confirm a lactating adenoma diagnosis. Is this common during pregnancy? Should I be worried about it?” – Shreya
Questions to consider asking your doctor
- What are the risks of the biopsy?
- What is the accuracy of the biopsy?
- How soon are results available?
- What are the risks if I postpone the biopsy until after birth?
- If the biopsy comes back positive, what are my treatment options?