Episode 19 Content and Overview
Hypnobirthing is a practice that uses calming and relaxation techniques to create a calm, positive birth experience. This is an amazing tool you need in your toolbox as a mom-to-be! It can be applied during your pregnancy, labor, birth, and even in your parenting journey. Hypnobirthing will be useful whether you’re planning a hospital, home, or midwife-led birth. This episode features Suzy Ashworth of the Calm Birth School. Suzy is a hypnobirthing expert and has helped teach thousands of women, all over the world, her unique method for creating a smooth birth experience. Suzy explains everything involved with hypnobirthing, the science behind it, and how it can help you get the positive birth experience you want.
Suzy Ashworth is a pregnancy coach, hypnotherapist, psychotherapist and a hypnotherapist, with two children and a growing bump. She has a passion for showing women exactly why they can and should believe in themselves, empowering them to create mind-blowing birth experiences. Making women feel confident and amazing is what she rocks at.
Included in This Episode
- History of hypnobirthing
- What is hypnobirthing?
- The Calm Birth School method
- The science of birth
- The mind body connection
- The effects of fear and pain on hormones and the role of hormones in birth
- The importance of your birth environment
- Applying hypnobirthing during pregnancy and parenting
- The role of your birth partner in hypnobirthing and birth
- The Calm Birth School online course
- Use the code pregnacypodcast for 20% off!
- The Calm Birth School Book
- An epic piece of advice for your birth from Suzy
- Connect with Suzy