Episode 99 Content and Overview
Newborns are hard wired to breastfeed and are born with instincts to help them latch on right after birth. But that doesn’t mean it always goes perfectly right from the start. Many new moms expect breastfeeding to come naturally without many issues. In reality, breastfeeding can take practice and patience as you and our baby navigate breastfeeding for the first time. There are a lot of issues that can come up during breastfeeding in the first few days, and even months down the road. The more you know about the small speed bumps you could run into the more likely you are to be able to get over those and correct small issues before they become big problems. This episode is focused on troubleshooting issues that could show up in your baby like jaundice, tongue tie, yeast infection, thrush, food allergies or sensitivities, nursing strikes, sleepy babies, cluster feeding, growth spurts, and spitting up.
Included in This Episode
- La Leche League
- Kelly Mom
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
- Resources for breastfeeding a baby with jaundice
- Resources for breastfeeding a baby with tongue-tie or lip-tie
- Thrush resources
- Dairy & food sensitivities
- Nursing strike (Help my baby won’t nurse)
- Sleepy babies
- Cluster feeding and fussy evenings
- Growth spurts
- Spitting up & reflux in the breastfed baby
- Aeroflow is a company that helps you get a breast pump through your health insurance. There can be some hoops to jump through to get a breast pump through your insurance but Aeroflow does all of this for you and makes it so easy. All you need to do is fill out a form that takes just a minute. Aeroflow will contact your health insurance company, get the necessary paperwork from your doctor or midwife, then they will get in touch with you to help you choose the right breast pump. Click here to get started.
- Zahler makes a high quality prenatal vitamin that has the active form of folate plus omega 3s and DHA. This is the prenatal vitamin I take and the one I recommend. Zahler was very generous and gave me a promo code I can share with you so you can save 25% off when you buy a month supply on Amazon. To order them today click this link Zahler Prenatal + DHA and enter the promo code PREPOD25 when you checkout to save 25% on a one month supply.
- Your Birth Plan book
- Get the weekly Pregnancy Podcast newsletter
- Join the Pregnancy Podcast Community on Facebook