Episode 156 Content and Overview
Your baby’s position in the womb can have a big impact on your labor and their birth. What if you can do some things during your pregnancy to help your baby get in an optimal position before you go into labor? There are a couple of practices that aim to do just that. Optimal Fetal Positioning and Spinning Babies are two practices that give you positions, movements, and exercises to take care of your body and give your baby the environment they need to move into the best possible position for an easier birth. The big question is, are these practices evidence based? Tune into this episode to learn about Optimal Fetal Positioning and Spinning Babies, and hear about the evidence, risks, and benefits of incorporating these ideas into your pregnancy.
Included in This Episode
- Labor Positions
- Baby Position
- Optimal Fetal Positioning
- Spinning Babies
- Maternal positioning and fetal positioning in utero
- Limitations of Optimal Fetal Positioning
- Left vs. right side
- Risks and Benefits of Spinning Babies
- Working with a professional
- Aeroflow is a company that helps you get a breast pump through your health insurance. There can be some hoops to jump through to get a breast pump through your insurance but Aeroflow does all of this for you and makes it so easy. All you need to do is fill out a form that takes just a minute. Aeroflow will contact your health insurance company, get the necessary paperwork from your doctor or midwife, then they will get in touch with you to help you choose the right breast pump. Click here to get started.
- Mommy Steps makes insoles specifically for pregnancy. They have insoles for athletic shoes and ones for flats or boots. You can even heat them in your oven and mold them to your own feet to make you more comfortable and to prevent foot issues during pregnancy. Mommy Steps is offering an exclusive 20% off for listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. Click here to check them out and enter the promo code FEET when you checkout.
- Zahler makes a high quality prenatal vitamin that has the active form of folate plus omega 3s and DHA. This is my favorite prenatal vitamin, the one I take everyday and the one I recommend to all expecting moms. Zahler is offering an exclusive discount to listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. To check out the vitamin and find out how you can save 25% when you buy a one month supply on Amazon click this link Zahler Prenatal + DHA.