Episode 10 Content and Overview
Breastfeeding is so important and one of the best things you can do for your baby. There is no formula that comes close to mimicking breastmilk. Your milk contains every vitamin, mineral, and nutritional element your baby needs. Babies who are breastfed are at a lower risk for ear infections, intestinal upsets, respiratory problems, allergies, dental problems, and their immune system will be stronger. Nursing produces prolactin and oxytocin, which are hormones that foster a connection to your baby and help you recover from birth better. You can do two key things to make sure you are successful with breastfeeding; learn and get help if you need it. Listen to this episode of the Pregnancy Podcast to get the information you need to get breastfeeding off to a great start!
Included in This Episode
- Recommended time to breastfeed and when you would need to supplement with formula
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
- Join get the newsletter and be entered to win a free copy of the Womanly Art of Breastfeeding!
- La Leche League
- Skin-to-skin contact
- The supply and demand system of milk production
- Your baby’s weight gain
- IV fluids and breastfeeding covered in Episode 8
- What to expect with diapers
- Your baby’s latch and why it is so important
- Taking care of yourself
- Burping & spit up
- Nursing clothes
- Breast pads, Bamboobies are awesome!
- Breast milk storage bags
- Tips for success