Episode 112 Content and Overview
Dates are the fruit of the date palm tree. They are a small oval fruit, about one to three inches long, or three to seven centimeters, and they have a pit in the middle of them. Dates are high in sugar and contain nutrients like fiber, potassium, magnesium, iron, and vitamin B6.Dates are rumored to naturally induce labor and make for a shorter labor. Sounds pretty great right?Get all of the risks and benefits of adding dates to your daily diet in the last weeks of your pregnancy.This episode breaks down the claims that dates will help your labor, and the science and studies behind them, so you have the facts to decide whether you want to eat dates during your pregnancy
Included in This Episode
- The effect of late pregnancy consumption of date fruit on labour and delivery
- The Effect of Late Pregnancy Consumption of Date Fruit on Cervical Ripening in Nulliparous Women
- Date fruit consumption at term: Effect on length of gestation, labour and delivery
- Recommendations if you choose to eat dates
- Where to buy them
- How much to eat and when to start eating them
- Buy dates on Amazon: Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Medjool Dates
- Dates and blood sugar concerns
- Mommy Steps makes insoles specifically for pregnancy. They have insoles for athletic shoes and ones for flats or boots. You can even heat them in your oven and mold them to your own feet to make you more comfortable and to prevent foot issues during pregnancy. Mommy Steps is offering an exclusive discount for listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. Click here to check them out and enter the promo code FEET to save 20% off.
- Zahler makes a high quality prenatal vitamin that has the active form of folate plus omega 3s and DHA. This is my favorite prenatal vitamin, the one I take everyday and the one I recommend to all expecting moms. Zahler is offering an exclusive discount to listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. To check out the vitamin and find out how you can save 25% when you buy a one month supply on Amazon click this link Zahler Prenatal + DHA.