Hemorrhoids are estimated to affect around 40% of pregnant women, and that number climbs even higher after birth. Hemorrhoids can cause bleeding during a bowel movement, pain, swelling, itching, and general discomfort. Changes in your hormones and your body make you more susceptible to hormones during pregnancy and giving birth and the action of pushing can also cause them. While the only cure for hemorrhoids is giving them time to heal there is a lot you can do to prevent them and to find relief in the event you do end up with them during your pregnancy or after you have your baby. This episode breaks down what hemorrhoids are, how you get them, how you can prevent them, and what you can do to safely treat them during pregnancy and in the postpartum period.
Included in This Episode
- What are hemorrhoids?
- How do you get them?
- Constipation During Pregnancy
- Pushing during labor
- Haemorrhoids and anal ﬁssures during pregnancy and after childbirth: a prospective cohort study
- Preventing hemorrhoids
- Squatty Potty
- Sitz bath
- ACOG committee opinion on Postpartum Pain Management
- Talking to your doctor or midwife
- The Evenflo EveryStage car seat is an infant seat, convertible, and booster all in one and it has 10 different positions that will keep your baby or older child safe and comfortable. Evenflo’s EasyClick latch system makes it so easy to install and move it from one car to another. When it comes to car seats safety is a huge priority for me and this seat allows kids to be rear facing longer. The EveryStage car seat is well made, safe, and so easy to use. This is the only car seat you will ever need. Click here to check out the Evenflo EveryStage car seat and get a promo code to save 10%.
- Mommy Steps makes insoles specifically for pregnancy. They have insoles for athletic shoes and ones for flats or boots. You can even heat them in your oven and mold them to your own feet to make you more comfortable and to prevent foot issues during pregnancy. Mommy Steps is offering an exclusive 20% off for listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. Click here to check them out and enter the promo code FEET when you checkout.
- Zahler makes a high quality prenatal vitamin that has the active form of folate plus omega 3s and DHA. This is my favorite prenatal vitamin, the one I take everyday and the one I recommend to all expecting moms. Zahler is offering an exclusive discount to listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. To check out the vitamin and find out how you can save 25% when you buy a one month supply on Amazon click this link Zahler Prenatal + DHA.