“Hi Vanessa! Thanks for the podcast, you’re a great resource and I’ve learned a ton from your show. I had a question about lactation cookies, do they work? What key ingredients are best for promoting milk supply? Have you come across any good resources or studies about it? Thanks!” – Katherine
- Maternal experiences with and sources of information on galactagogues to support lactation: a cross-sectional study
- The Use, Perceived Effectiveness and Safety of Herbal Galactagogues During Breastfeeding: A Qualitative Study
- A Review of Herbal and Pharmaceutical Galactagogues for Breast-Feeding
- Kelly Mom article on fenugreek
- MOBI (Mother’s Overcoming Breastfeeding Issues) article on lactogenic foods and herbs
- Wellness Mama lactation cookies recipe
- Mommy Steps makes insoles specifically for pregnancy. They have insoles for athletic shoes and ones for flats or boots. You can even heat them in your oven and mold them to your own feet to make you more comfortable and to prevent foot issues during pregnancy. Mommy Steps is offering an exclusive 20% off for listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. Click here to check them out and enter the promo code FEET when you checkout.
- Zahler makes a high quality prenatal vitamin that has the active form of folate plus omega 3s and DHA. This is my favorite prenatal vitamin, the one I take everyday and the one I recommend to all expecting moms. Zahler is offering an exclusive discount to listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. To check out the vitamin and find out how you can save 25% when you buy a one month supply on Amazon click this link Zahler Prenatal + DHA.