Episode 141 Content and Overview
Find out exactly what you need to pack in your bag to take to the hospital or birth center when you go into labor. This is a pretty big to do on your list because of course you want to be prepared and make sure you have everything you need and that you are not forgetting anything when the big birth day arrives. This episode goes into detail on everything you need to pack, whether you are planning on having your baby at a hospital or a birth center. If you are planning on a home birth this episode will still be helpful for you because you will want to have a lot of these items on hand and easily accessible during and after your labor at home.
Don’t over think this. I am pretty obsessed with checklists and I tend to over think things sometimes but to be perfectly honest, if you went into labor and showed up to the birth center or a hospital with nothing you would fine, I promise you it would not be the end of the world. You would probably have to send your partner out to buy a car seat so you could take your baby home from the hospital or birth center, but otherwise you would surely survive. With that being said, there are definitely some things you can pack in a bag that will make your labor and birth experience more comfortable. This episode breaks everything down by what you need to pack for mom, baby, and partner. Don’t forget about your partner, they need some stuff too. We will get into what items are must haves and some optional things you may want to consider too. Don’t worry about writing all of this down. I created a checklist for you to download with everything on it.
Included in This Episode
- When to pack your bag
- What bag to use
- Prepping your smart phone
- Items for labor
- Food and drinks
- Eating During labor
- Clothes to pack for mom
- Toiletries to pack
- What to pack for your baby
- What to pack for breastfeeding
- What to pack for your partner
- Items for siblings
- Some random things to pack, must-haves and optional items
- Labor room environment
- The Evenflo EveryStage car seat is an infant seat, convertible, and booster all in one and it has 10 different positions that will keep your baby or older child safe and comfortable. Evenflo’s EasyClick latch system makes it so easy to install and move it from one car to another. When it comes to car seats safety is a huge priority for me and this seat allows kids to be rear facing longer. The EveryStage car seat is well made, safe, and so easy to use. This is the only car seat you will ever need. Click here to check out the Evenflo EveryStage car seat and get a promo code to save 10%.
- Mommy Steps makes insoles specifically for pregnancy. They have insoles for athletic shoes and ones for flats or boots. You can even heat them in your oven and mold them to your own feet to make you more comfortable and to prevent foot issues during pregnancy. Mommy Steps is offering an exclusive 20% off for listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. Click here to check them out and enter the promo code FEET when you checkout.
- Zahler makes a high quality prenatal vitamin that has the active form of folate plus omega 3s and DHA. This is my favorite prenatal vitamin, the one I take everyday and the one I recommend to all expecting moms. Zahler is offering an exclusive discount to listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. To check out the vitamin and find out how you can save 25% when you buy a one month supply on Amazon click this link Zahler Prenatal + DHA.