Episode 78 Content and Overview
A doula is a professional who has been trained in childbirth and who provides emotional, physical, and educational support to a mother and their birth partner. Having one attend your birth can be an amazing help in creating the birth experience you want, and can drastically decrease your chances of requiring an intervention and a cesarean section. This episode features Nathalie Saenz of the Dearest Doula podcast. She has a passion for birth and explains everything you need to know from what she does to some great questions to ask when finding someone to support your birth that is the right fit for you.
Nathalie Saenz is a birth doula, and the creator and host of the Dearest Doula podcast, a free online resource for new and aspiring birth workers. She currently offers pregnancy and birth support in San Antonio, Texas.
Included in This Episode
- Home birth
- Hospital birth
- Birth center
- Labor room environment
- Midwife or OBGYN?
- Communicating with Your Care Provider
- Pregnancy Podcast Community on Facebook
- What a doula does and different types
- How they support dads role in birth
- How to find a doula in your area
- Questions to ask to make sure they are the right fit for you
- An epic piece of advice from Nathalie
- Connect with Nathalie