“Hi Vanessa! I am 29 weeks pregnant and apparently I am turning my toilet seat blue at home. My husband and I noticed our porcelain toilet seat turning blue on either side a couple of weeks ago and after a Google search learned that this happens to some pregnant women. After some historical laughter (and some horror) I tried to research this and found little more than anecdotal stuff, mostly in forums. Some say it’s hormonal, some say it’s hormones combined with the dyes in our pants (I have been strictly black stretch pants my whole pregnancy). This just started happening a couple of weeks ago and wondered if you had any more insight. Thanks!” – Tommi
Covered in this Episode
- Blue toilet seat
- Hypotheses on why this happens
- How pregnancy affects how you sweat
- What causes your toilet seat to turn blue during pregnancy
- Mommy Steps makes insoles specifically for pregnancy. They have insoles for athletic shoes and ones for flats or boots. You can even heat them in your oven and mold them to your own feet to make you more comfortable and to prevent foot issues during pregnancy. Mommy Steps is offering an exclusive 20% off for listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. Click here to check them out and enter the promo code FEET when you checkout.
- Zahler makes a high quality prenatal vitamin that has the active form of folate plus omega 3s and DHA. This is my favorite prenatal vitamin, the one I take everyday and the one I recommend to all expecting moms. Zahler is offering an exclusive discount to listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. To check out the vitamin and find out how you can save 25% when you buy a one month supply on Amazon click this link Zahler Prenatal + DHA.