“Thank you so much for this incredible resource! My son is now 6 months old and I am still listening to the podcast because we will be trying to conceive again soon. We always planned to have two kids that were as close in age as possible. Now that the time has come to start thinking about baby #2 I’m worried that we might be rushing into this too fast. Do you have any research on the ideal spacing between kids. I haven’t gotten my period yet and I’m not sure if my body is ready to get pregnant again. I appreciate any information you have. Thank you again for everything you do with the podcast!” – Tiffany
If you are planning on having more than one child there is no magic time frame that you should wait in between pregnancies and there is no right answer that fits everyone. There is research available on the risks and benefits of waiting a certain period of time in between pregnancies. Plus, organizations like the World Health Organization and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists have recommendations for minimum time frames in between a birth and getting pregnant again. This episode breaks down the evidence on spacing in between your pregnancies and some considerations for you to think about when planning.
- Second Time Mom
- Autism Spectrum Disorder and Birth Spacing: Findings from the Study to Explore Early Development (SEED)
- Influence of Interpregnancy Interval on Birth Timing
- Association of Short Interpregnancy Interval With Pregnancy Outcomes According to Maternal Age
- March of Dimes Birth Spacing and Outcomes
- ACOG Committee Opinion
- World Health Organization Report of a WHO Technical Consultation on Birth Spacing
- Q&A Fertility
- Siblings and family dynamics
- Parenting responsibilities
- Pregnancy Over 35 (Advanced Maternal Age)
- Economic circumstances, finances, and costs
- Talking to your doctor or midwife
- Motherhood Maternity is the best resource for maternity clothes. There are some staples you will need for your pregnancy like jeans, leggings, and tops, plus they have an awesome selection of super cute maternity clothes for work and even dressier outfits for all of those holiday events coming up. I shopped here during both of my pregnancies and was really happy with the selection, quality, and the prices. I know it can overwhelming to think about not fitting into anything in your closet and it is 100% worth it to invest in maternity clothes. You do not have to sacrifice comfort or style when you are expecting. You can shop at your local Motherhood store or shop online and you can get 40% off one item for the month of March with the code MAMA40 when you shop online. Click here to check out Motherhood Maternity.
- Zahler makes a high quality prenatal vitamin that has the active form of folate plus omega 3s and DHA. This is my favorite prenatal vitamin, the one I take everyday and the one I recommend to all expecting moms. Zahler is offering an exclusive discount to listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. To check out the vitamin and find out how you can save 25% when you buy a one month supply on Amazon click this link Zahler Prenatal + DHA.