“I am 9 weeks pregnant and your podcast has been a life saver! There is one thing I have a question on that I am having a hard time finding an answer to. Is it safe to eat deli meat when you are pregnant? I am finding mixed messages online about eating sandwiches with deli meat like turkey, ham, and salami. I would love it if you could do an episode on whether eating deli meat is safe. Thanks!” – Christina
- CDC Information on Listeria https://www.cdc.gov/listeria/index.html
- Lowering your risk
- Processed meats
- Maternal dietary intake of nitrates, nitrites and nitrosamines and selected birth defects in offspring: a case-control study
- Childhood Brain Tumors and Maternal Cured Meat Consumption in Pregnancy: Differential Effect by Glutathione S-Transferases
- Mommy Steps makes insoles specifically for pregnancy. They have insoles for athletic shoes and ones for flats or boots. You can even heat them in your oven and mold them to your own feet to make you more comfortable and to prevent foot issues during pregnancy. Mommy Steps is offering an exclusive 20% off for listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. Click here to check them out and enter the promo code FEET when you checkout.
- Zahler makes a high quality prenatal vitamin that has the active form of folate plus omega 3s and DHA. This is my favorite prenatal vitamin, the one I take everyday and the one I recommend to all expecting moms. Zahler is offering an exclusive discount to listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. To check out the vitamin and find out how you can save 25% when you buy a one month supply on Amazon click this link Zahler Prenatal + DHA.