“Hi Vanessa, I was wondering if you could do a podcast on dealing with parents, I have been loving listening. My husband and I are discussing staring to have children and one of my big concerns is dealing with our parents. In particular I am worried about my mom who while being amazing and wanting to help could get overbearing and try and do everything, be around all the time and even want to be there as I gave birth (which I don’t want). However I know I am going to upset her if I tell her this. Another concern is how to deal with parents-in law being involved and how to navigate this. I was wondering if there is any wisdom you could share on this on the podcast.” – Becky
- Your parents and your in-laws
- Examples of possible challenges:
- Your family or friends do not agree with your choices about pregnancy, birth, or parenting.
- A family member or friend wants to be present at a time when you do not want them there.
- Your parents or in-laws want to come visit as soon as your baby is born. Better yet, they want to come for a month. Meanwhile you were thinking they would be in town for less than a week.
- Family or friends who live close by want to drop in for a visit when you do not want visitors.
- Family members or friends want involvement when you don’t want them involved.
- You want to avoid conflict and upsetting people.
- The Evenflo EveryStage car seat is an infant seat, convertible, and booster all in one and it has 10 different positions that will keep your baby or older child safe and comfortable. Evenflo’s EasyClick latch system makes it so easy to install and move it from one car to another. When it comes to car seats safety is a huge priority for me and this seat allows kids to be rear facing longer. The EveryStage car seat is well made, safe, and so easy to use. This is the only car seat you will ever need. Click here to check out the Evenflo EveryStage car seat and get a promo code to save 10%.
- Mommy Steps makes insoles specifically for pregnancy. They have insoles for athletic shoes and ones for flats or boots. You can even heat them in your oven and mold them to your own feet to make you more comfortable and to prevent foot issues during pregnancy. Mommy Steps is offering an exclusive 20% off for listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. Click here to check them out and enter the promo code FEET when you checkout.
- Zahler makes a high quality prenatal vitamin that has the active form of folate plus omega 3s and DHA. This is my favorite prenatal vitamin, the one I take everyday and the one I recommend to all expecting moms. Zahler is offering an exclusive discount to listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. To check out the vitamin and find out how you can save 25% when you buy a one month supply on Amazon click this link Zahler Prenatal + DHA.