“Hi Vanessa, I love your podcast. I don’t know what I’d do without your thorough and evidence-based episodes. I would love to request a trying to conceive podcast of what you should be doing and not doing leading up to trying to conceive. When to stop drinking alcohol and caffeine if that effects fertility? What evidence shows or doesn’t show this? When to start take prenatal vitamins before trying? Exercises to do or not do? Frequency? What to eat more of to boost your fertility and why? What not to eat? Other supplements you should be taking? Any suggestions and information would be appreciated. I would love to hear your take on the subject. Thank you!” – Genevieve
- Physical activity and fertility in women: the North-Trøndelag Health Study
- Weight loss in obese infertile women results in improvement in reproductive outcome for all forms of fertility treatment
- Stress and the HPA Axis: Balancing Homeostasis and Fertility
- Preconception stress increases the risk of infertility: results from a couple-based prospective cohort study—the LIFE study
- Sleep, Sleep Disturbance and Fertility in Women
- Pregnancy Sleep, Tips for Better Sleep
- Omega 3 and Fish Oil Supplements
- Eating Organic During Pregnancy
- The Influence of Diet on Fertility and the Implications for Public Health Nutrition in the United States
- Alcohol During Pregnancy
- Caffeine During Pregnancy
- Vitamins and Supplements
- Q&A: Folate vs. Folic Acid
- Motherhood Maternity is the best resource for maternity clothes. There are some staples you will need for your pregnancy like jeans, leggings, and tops, plus they have an awesome selection of super cute maternity clothes for work and even dressier outfits for all of those holiday events coming up. I shopped here during both of my pregnancies and was really happy with the selection, quality, and the prices. I know it can overwhelming to think about not fitting into anything in your closet and it is 100% worth it to invest in maternity clothes. You do not have to sacrifice comfort or style when you are expecting. You can shop at your local Motherhood store or shop online and you can get 40% off one item for the month of November with the code MAMA40 when you shop online. Click here to check out Motherhood Maternity.
- The Evenflo EveryStage car seat is an infant seat, convertible, and booster all in one and it has 10 different positions that will keep your baby or older child safe and comfortable. Evenflo’s EasyClick latch system makes it so easy to install and move it from one car to another. When it comes to car seats safety is a huge priority for me and this seat allows kids to be rear facing longer. The EveryStage car seat is well made, safe, and so easy to use. This is the only car seat you will ever need. Click here to check out the Evenflo EveryStage car seat and get a promo code to save 10%.
- Zahler makes a high quality prenatal vitamin that has the active form of folate plus omega 3s and DHA. This is my favorite prenatal vitamin, the one I take everyday and the one I recommend to all expecting moms. Zahler is offering an exclusive discount to listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. To check out the vitamin and find out how you can save 25% when you buy a one month supply on Amazon click this link Zahler Prenatal + DHA.