“Hi Vanessa, like everyone else, I rely entirely on your podcast for a wealth of information and education on various topics relating to pregnancy, babies, and health, and I’m so grateful for this resource that both my husband and I can learn from throughout this process. I’m 13 weeks pregnant (after a late 1st trimester missed miscarriage), and hopeful this pregnancy will stick around. One of the topics I haven’t heard covered is loud noises during pregnancy (like concerts and… gunfire). This might not be that common in California, but my husband I enjoy bird hunting as a source of wild and sustainable meat, and I’m wondering if I should be concerned about the loud noise of gunfire, or any other associated effects of hunting, especially since the baby can now hear (yay for bedtime stories read by dad). Thank you for your help with this obscure question, but there just isn’t a lot of guidelines out there on what’s safe and what’s potentially unfavorable during pregnancy.” – Brooke
- Loud noises during pregnancy
- Intelligibility of Sentences Recorded from the Uterus of a Pregnant Ewe and from the Fetal Inner Ear
- CDC Reproductive Health and the Workplace
- American Academy of Pediatrics Noise: A Hazard for the Fetus and Newborn
- Zahler makes a high quality prenatal vitamin that has the active form of folate plus omega 3s and DHA. This is my favorite prenatal vitamin, the one I take everyday and the one I recommend to all expecting moms. Zahler is offering an exclusive discount to listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. To check out the vitamin and find out how you can save 25% when you buy a one month supply on Amazon click this link Zahler Prenatal + DHA.