Episode 103 Content and Overview
Sleep isn’t just the key to waking up feeling well rested in the morning. Quality sleep will also improve your focus and productivity, reduce your stress, and overall improve your health. When you sleep your body is in an anabolic state, which means that your body is building up things like your immune system, which you know is important at any life stage, but especially during your pregnancy. Simply put, sleep gives your body and your brain a chance to repair and rebuild. There are so many things you can do to increase the quality and quantity of your sleep. The time from getting pregnant, through the first few years of your baby’s life is a huge learning curve. It takes time to figure out what works for your family, adjust to new demands, and develop new schedules. You will need to have some flexibility in your sleep routines for these phases coming to your family in the next few years. This episode goes through a lot tips that will help you get better sleep during your pregnancy and at any stage during your life.
Included in This Episode
- Sleep Smarter book
- The relationship between light and sleep
- Sunlight during the day
- Electronic Screens
- Blue light blockers
- Light in your bedroom
- Set up your environment for sleep
- EMFs and sleep
- Temperature and sleep
- Updated 2016 Recommendations for a Safe Infant Sleeping Environment
- Exercise and sleep
- The importance of a sleep schedule
- Creating a bedtime routine
- Baths or showers before bed
- Caffeine and sleep
- Caffeine and pregnancy
- Alcohol and sleep
- Alcohol and pregnancy
- Aeroflow is a company that helps you get a breast pump through your health insurance. There can be some hoops to jump through to get a breast pump through your insurance but Aeroflow does all of this for you and makes it so easy. All you need to do is fill out a form that takes just a minute. Aeroflow will contact your health insurance company, get the necessary paperwork from your doctor or midwife, then they will get in touch with you to help you choose the right breast pump. Click here to get started.
- Zahler makes a high quality prenatal vitamin that has the active form of folate plus omega 3s and DHA. This is the prenatal vitamin I take and the one I recommend. Zahler was very generous and gave me a promo code I can share with you so you can save 25% off when you buy a month supply on Amazon. To order them today click this link Zahler Prenatal + DHA and enter the promo code PREPOD25 when you checkout to save 25% on a one month supply.