Episode 114 Content and Overview
When you have made it through most of your pregnancy and are in the final stretch you enter the waiting game of waiting to go into labor. This can be nerve racking for two reasons. First you do not know when you are going to go into labor, and second you do not know how to tell that you truly have started labor and it isn’t just a false alarm. This episode explains the signs that labor is going to start soon and the signs that you are in labor. You are not going to experience all of these signs, and some of these signs may happen to you but go unnoticed. After listening to this episode you will have a better idea of what to look out for to know when labor is starting, and when to call your doctor or midwife.
Included in This Episode
- ACOG guidelines for pregnancy terms
- Your due date
- Inducing labor
- Inducing labor naturally
- Q&A: Artificial rupture of membranes
- Signs labor is coming soon
- Signs of early labor
- Vaginal exams
- Pooping during labor
- Braxton hicks contractions vs. true labor
- Zahler makes a high quality prenatal vitamin that has the active form of folate plus omega 3s and DHA. This is my favorite prenatal vitamin, the one I take everyday and the one I recommend to all expecting moms. Zahler is offering an exclusive discount to listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. To check out the vitamin and find out how you can save 25% when you buy a one month supply on Amazon click this link Zahler Prenatal + DHA.
- Mommy Steps makes insoles specifically for pregnancy. They have insoles for athletic shoes and ones for flats or boots. You can even heat them in your oven and mold them to your own feet to make you more comfortable and to prevent foot issues during pregnancy. Mommy Steps is offering an exclusive discount for listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. Click here to check them out and enter the promo code FEET to save 20% off.
- Your Birth Plan book
- Get the weekly Pregnancy Podcast newsletter