Episode 115 Content and Overview
You may experience that you are completely regular, as far as going to the bathroom goes prior to getting pregnant, and then suddenly it is like you are stopped up and having issues when you need to go #2. Constipation is really common during pregnancy. If you are constipated, it means that you are having difficult bowel movements, or they are not happening frequently, your stools are hard, and you may also have pain or discomfort in your stomach. There are a few things going on with your body during pregnancy that contribute to constipation. This episode examines the causes of constipation during pregnancy and solutions ranging from small diet and lifestyle changes to over-the-counter medications.
Included in This Episode
- Causes of constipation during pregnancy
- Hormones and progesterone
- Iron supplements
- Cesarean section and constipation
- What helps with constipation
- Dietary changes
- FDA Fact Sheet on Fiber
- Labdoor (third party supplement ratings and reviews)
- Garden of Life Whole Food Probiotic Supplement
- Lifestyle changes
- Over-the-counter medication ingredients & pregnancy category safety ratings
- Research on constipation and pregnancy
- Treating constipation during pregnancy
- Interventions for Constipation During Pregnancy
- Mommy Steps makes insoles specifically for pregnancy. They have insoles for athletic shoes and ones for flats or boots. You can even heat them in your oven and mold them to your own feet to make you more comfortable and to prevent foot issues during pregnancy. Mommy Steps is offering an exclusive discount for listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. Click here to check them out and enter the promo code FEET to save 20% off.
- Zahler makes a high quality prenatal vitamin that has the active form of folate plus omega 3s and DHA. This is my favorite prenatal vitamin, the one I take everyday and the one I recommend to all expecting moms. Zahler is offering an exclusive discount to listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. To check out the vitamin and find out how you can save 25% when you buy a one month supply on Amazon click this link Zahler Prenatal + DHA.
- Your Birth Plan book
- Get the weekly Pregnancy Podcast newsletter