Episode 145 Content and Overview
It is so important to make sure you have all of the vitamins and nutrients you need during pregnancy for you for your growing baby. While you should be eating a healthy diet, it is difficult to make sure you are getting all of the optimal vitamins and minerals from your diet alone, and you should be supplementing with a prenatal vitamin. A prenatal vitamin differs from a multi-vitamin because it has specific nutrients you and your baby need during pregnancy. This episode features Kenn Israel who is a formulator and an expert resource on prenatal vitamins. He brings decades of expertise and talks about what you should be looking for in a prenatal vitamin and why it is so crucial to make sure you and your baby are getting all of the vitamins and minerals you need during pregnancy.
Included in This Episode
- Why it is important to take a prenatal vitamin
- How a prenatal vitamin differs from a multivitamin
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Nutrition During Pregnancy
- Nutrient Recommendations: Dietary Reference Intakes
- What goes into formulating a vitamin
- What expecting mothers should look for in a high quality vitamin
- Q&A: Folate & Folic Acid
- Chris Kresser, The little known (but crucial) difference between folate and folic acid
- Dr. Ben Lynch, Folic Acid Awareness
- Iron During Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- Omega 3 and Fish Oil Supplements
- Omega 3 fatty acids and pregnancy
- Maternal supplementation with very-long-chain n-3 fatty acids during pregnancy and lactation augments children’s IQ at 4 years of age
- Vitamin D During Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- Q&A: Prescription vs. OTC
- Motherhood Maternity is the best resource for maternity clothes. There are some staples you will need for your pregnancy like jeans, leggings, and tops, plus they have an awesome selection of super cute maternity clothes for work and even dressier outfits for all of those holiday events coming up. I shopped here during both of my pregnancies and was really happy with the selection, quality, and the prices. I know it can overwhelming to think about not fitting into anything in your closet and it is 100% worth it to invest in maternity clothes. You do not have to sacrifice comfort or style when you are expecting. You can shop at your local Motherhood store or shop online and you can get 40% off one item for the month of November with the code MAMA40 when you shop online. Click here to check out Motherhood Maternity.
- The Evenflo EveryStage car seat is an infant seat, convertible, and booster all in one and it has 10 different positions that will keep your baby or older child safe and comfortable. Evenflo’s EasyClick latch system makes it so easy to install and move it from one car to another. When it comes to car seats safety is a huge priority for me and this seat allows kids to be rear facing longer. The EveryStage car seat is well made, safe, and so easy to use. This is the only car seat you will ever need. Click here to check out the Evenflo EveryStage car seat and get a promo code to save 10%.
- Zahler makes a high quality prenatal vitamin that has the active form of folate plus omega 3s and DHA. This is my favorite prenatal vitamin, the one I take everyday and the one I recommend to all expecting moms. Zahler is offering an exclusive discount to listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. To check out the vitamin and find out how you can save 25% when you buy a one month supply on Amazon click this link Zahler Prenatal + DHA.