“Hello Vanessa, First off thank you for all that you Do! I am pregnant with my second child and your podcast has been extremely helpful in preparing me for the natural birth I have always wanted. So thank you! My question to you and I hope I can get a response before baby is born (38wks+2days) is about a nuchal cord. I am curious if this happens is delayed cord clamping no longer an option? What are the risks to baby? I am part of a natural birth group on Facebook and a mom had talked about it as though it is not dangerous. Please if you could help me set my mind at ease I would be grateful!” – Alyssa
- Study of Length of Umbilical Cord and Fetal Outcome: A Study of 1,000 Deliveries
- Impact of nuchal cord on fetal outcomes, mode of delivery, and management: a questionnaire survey of pregnant women
- Nuchal cord and it’s implications
- Neonatal outcomes following a tight nuchal cord
- Delayed cord clamping
- Zahler makes a high quality prenatal vitamin that has the active form of folate plus omega 3s and DHA. This is my favorite prenatal vitamin, the one I take everyday and the one I recommend to all expecting moms. Zahler is offering an exclusive discount to listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. To check out the vitamin and find out how you can save 25% when you buy a one month supply on Amazon click this link Zahler Prenatal + DHA.