Episode 113 Content and Overview
Braxton Hicks contractions are sporadic “practice” contractions that many pregnant women experience during the second and the third trimesters. This episode talks about what they are, what they feel like, what can trigger them, and how you can find some relief. There are some key ways to distinguish between these practice contractions and real contractions. Knowing the signs of pre-term labor and labor and how to tell the difference between fake contractions and the real thing will you give you the confidence you need to decide when to call your doctor or midwife, when to go to the hospital or birth center, and when you just need to relax and wait it out. Listen to this episode for everything you need to know about Braxton Hicks.
Included in This Episode
- History of Braxton Hicks contractions
- What Braxton Hicks contractions feel like
- The role of Braxton Hicks contractions in labor
- Alleviating discomfort
- The difference between fake contractions and true labor contractions
- Measuring contractions
- When you should call your doctor or midwife
- Signs of preterm labor and labor
- Round ligament pain
- Mommy Steps makes insoles specifically for pregnancy. They have insoles for athletic shoes and ones for flats or boots. You can even heat them in your oven and mold them to your own feet to make you more comfortable and to prevent foot issues during pregnancy. Mommy Steps is offering an exclusive discount for listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. Click here to check them out and enter the promo code FEET to save 20% off.
- Zahler makes a high quality prenatal vitamin that has the active form of folate plus omega 3s and DHA. This is my favorite prenatal vitamin, the one I take everyday and the one I recommend to all expecting moms. Zahler is offering an exclusive discount to listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. To check out the vitamin and find out how you can save 25% when you buy a one month supply on Amazon click this link Zahler Prenatal + DHA.