Episode 96 Content and Overview
During pregnancy your body is going through so many changes. Things are being stretched, you are carrying more weight, your center of gravity is off, and all of these changes can create tension, aches, and pains, and different massage needs than someone who is not pregnant. The goal of a prenatal massage is relaxation, aches, pains, stress and tension relief. A massage when you are pregnant is customized to your needs during pregnancy, and should be with a massage therapist who is trained and has experience with pregnancy. There is evidence and research on the benefits of massage during pregnancy for both you and your baby. The great news is that you can get the benefits with a professional massage or even with a massage at home from your partner. If you choose to get a professional massage this episode has tips on choosing the right massage therapist, what to expect during and after the massage, and tips to make the most of your experience.
Included in This Episode
- How prenatal massage differs from other types of massage
- Pregnancy and labor massage
- Yoga and massage therapy reduce prenatal depression and prematurity
- Prenatal Depression Effects and Interventions: A Review
- Check in with your doctor or midwife before getting a massage
- Finding the right massage therapist
- When to get a massage
- Health insurance
- Flexible spending accounts or health savings accounts
- What to expect during your massage
- What to expect after your prenatal massage
- Aeroflow is a company that helps you get a breast pump through your health insurance. There can be some hoops to jump through to get a breast pump through your insurance but Aeroflow does all of this for you and makes it so easy. All you need to do is fill out a form that takes just a minute. Aeroflow will contact your health insurance company, get the necessary paperwork from your doctor or midwife, then they will get in touch with you to help you choose the right breast pump. Click here to get started.
- Zahler makes a high quality prenatal vitamin that has the active form of folate plus omega 3s and DHA. This is the prenatal vitamin I take and the one I recommend. Zahler was very generous and gave me a promo code I can share with you so you can save 25% off when you buy a month supply on Amazon. To order them today click this link Zahler Prenatal + DHA and enter the promo code PREPOD25 when you checkout to save 25% on a one month supply.
- Your Birth Plan book
- Get the weekly Pregnancy Podcast newsletter
- Join the Pregnancy Podcast Community on Facebook