Episode 102 Content and Overview
Sleep is so vital to both your physical and mental health during any stage of your life and certainly when you are pregnant. When you are expecting you are sleeping for two and you will have increased sleep requirements. Some people say that sleep issues during pregnancy prepare you for less sleep when you have a newborn baby. This could be true but if there is something you can do to improve your sleep during your pregnancy, why not? There are two parts to your sleep; quality and quantity. If either of those suffer it will affect your energy during the day and your mood, which ultimately will impact other areas of your life. Issues like fluctuating hormones, stress, vivid dreams, being uncomfortable, waking up to go to the bathroom, heartburn, leg cramps, congestion, snoring, sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, and insomnia are all things that can affect your quality and quantity of sleep. Listen to this episode that dissects some common pregnancy sleep issues and gives you tips to relieve them so you can get a better night of rest.
Included in This Episode
- Insomnia during pregnancy: Diagnosis and Rational Interventions
- Stress & anxiety
- Pregnancy Dreams
- Getting comfortable
- Waking up to go to the bathroom
- Leg cramps
- Stuffy nose & pregnancy rhinitis
- Sleep apnea
- Restless legs syndrome and pregnancy: A review
- Your babies movements wake you up
- Aeroflow is a company that helps you get a breast pump through your health insurance. There can be some hoops to jump through to get a breast pump through your insurance but Aeroflow does all of this for you and makes it so easy. All you need to do is fill out a form that takes just a minute. Aeroflow will contact your health insurance company, get the necessary paperwork from your doctor or midwife, then they will get in touch with you to help you choose the right breast pump. Click here to get started.
- Zahler makes a high quality prenatal vitamin that has the active form of folate plus omega 3s and DHA. This is the prenatal vitamin I take and the one I recommend. Zahler was very generous and gave me a promo code I can share with you so you can save 25% off when you buy a month supply on Amazon. To order them today click this link Zahler Prenatal + DHA and enter the promo code PREPOD25 when you checkout to save 25% on a one month supply.
- Your Birth Plan book
- Get the weekly Pregnancy Podcast newsletter
- Join the Pregnancy Podcast Community on Facebook