Episode 104 Content and Overview
Did you know that you can go up a shoe size during your pregnancy? This is just one of many issues that can affect your feet when you are pregnant. Pregnancy has a major impact on your feet. Physical changes, like gaining weight, and hormonal changes, like the release of relaxin, can lead to issues ranging from mild discomfort to severe pain. Some expecting moms find that issues with their feet during pregnancy end up affecting their overall quality of life. Some of these issues, like varicose veins, may go away after you have your baby. Unfortunately, other issues, like a decrease or loss of your arch, can be permanent changes in the structure of your feet. The good news is that there are things you can do to get some relief if you are dealing with any foot issues. The even better news is that there are very simple things you can do to prevent these issues from happening in the first place. How pregnancy affects your feet, common feet issues, tips to get some relief, and simple steps to prevent problems in the first place.
Included in This Episode
- Weight gain
- Your center of gravity
- Impact of the quality of life related to foot health in a sample of pregnant women
- Vericose Veins
- Loss of arch & over-pronation
- Pregnancy leads to lasting changes in foot structure
- Mommy Steps makes insoles specifically for pregnancy. They have insoles for athletic shoes and ones for flats or boots. You can even heat them in your oven and mold them to your own feet to make you more comfortable and to prevent foot issues during pregnancy. Mommy Steps is offering an exclusive 20% off for listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. Click here to check them out and enter the promo code FEET when you checkout.
- Aeroflow is a company that helps you get a breast pump through your health insurance. There can be some hoops to jump through to get a breast pump through your insurance but Aeroflow does all of this for you and makes it so easy. All you need to do is fill out a form that takes just a minute. Aeroflow will contact your health insurance company, get the necessary paperwork from your doctor or midwife, then they will get in touch with you to help you choose the right breast pump. Click here to get started.
- Zahler makes a high quality prenatal vitamin that has the active form of folate plus omega 3s and DHA. This is the prenatal vitamin I take and the one I recommend. Zahler was very generous and gave me a promo code I can share with you so you can save 25% off when you buy a month supply on Amazon. To order them today click this link Zahler Prenatal + DHA and enter the promo code PREPOD25 when you checkout to save 25% on a one month supply.