Did you know that your feet can go up a shoe size during your pregnancy? This is just one of many issues that can affect your feet when you are pregnant. The good news is that there are things you can do to get some relief if you are dealing with any foot issues. The even better news is that there are very simple things you can do to prevent these issues from happening in the first place. Physical changes, like gaining weight, and hormonal changes, like the release of relaxin, can lead to issues ranging from mild discomfort to severe pain. Some expecting moms find that issues with their feet during pregnancy end up affecting their overall quality of life. Some of these issues, like varicose veins, may go away after you have your baby. Unfortunately, other issues, like a decrease or loss of your arch, can be permanent changes in the structure of your feet. This episode covers how pregnancy changes your feet, common foot issues, tips to get some relief, and simple steps to prevent problems in the first place.
Become a Pregnancy Podcast Premium member or log in to access all articles and episodes ad-free.
Included in this Episode
- Q&A Weight Gain During Pregnancy
- Body Issues During Pregnancy and After Baby
- Your center of gravity shifts
- The hormone relaxin
- Impact of the quality of life related to foot health in a sample of pregnant women
- Vericose Veins
- Loss of arch & over-pronation
- How wearing insoles protects your feet
- Pregnancy leads to lasting changes in foot structure