Episode 152 Content and Overview
Did you know that your feet can go up a shoe size during your pregnancy? This is just one of many issues that can affect your feet when you are pregnant. The good news is that there are things you can do to get some relief if you are dealing with any foot issues. The even better news is that there are very simple things you can do to prevent these issues from happening in the first place. Physical changes, like gaining weight, and hormonal changes, like the release of relaxin, can lead to issues ranging from mild discomfort to severe pain. Some expecting moms find that issues with their feet during pregnancy end up affecting their overall quality of life. Some of these issues, like varicose veins, may go away after you have your baby. Unfortunately, other issues, like a decrease or loss of your arch, can be permanent changes in the structure of your feet. This episode covers how pregnancy changes your feet, common foot issues, tips to get some relief, and simple steps to prevent problems in the first place.
Included in This Episode
- Q&A Weight Gain During Pregnancy
- Body Issues During Pregnancy and After Baby
- Your center of gravity shifts
- The hormone relaxin
- Impact of the quality of life related to foot health in a sample of pregnant women
- Vericose Veins
- Loss of arch & over-pronation
- How wearing insoles protects your feet
- Pregnancy leads to lasting changes in foot structure
- Mommy Steps makes insoles specifically for pregnancy. They have insoles for athletic shoes and ones for flats or boots. You can even heat them in your oven and mold them to your own feet to make you more comfortable and to prevent foot issues during pregnancy. Mommy Steps is offering an exclusive 20% off for listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. Click here to check them out and enter the promo code FEET when you checkout.
- Zahler makes a high quality prenatal vitamin that has the active form of folate plus omega 3s and DHA. This is my favorite prenatal vitamin, the one I take everyday and the one I recommend to all expecting moms. Zahler is offering an exclusive discount to listeners of the Pregnancy Podcast. To check out the vitamin and find out how you can save 25% when you buy a one month supply on Amazon click this link Zahler Prenatal + DHA.